We can’t wait to welcome you back!
CeMAT AUSTRALIA is planned and delivered with a customer-first, COVID-safe approach. Clear and practical social distancing and additional hygiene practices will be deployed to ensure that you feel COVID-safe during your time with us.
Special Conditions of Entry
The Victorian Government has announced a further easing to Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions from Friday 22 April 11.59pm.
What has changed?
- Patrons won’t be required to have two doses or show their vaccination status before entering any venue
- The requirement for staff and patrons of venues to check-in using the Service Victoria app will end, with operators not required to keep any attendance records or maintain a check-in marshal
- Masks will no longer be required in hospitality and retail settings, or at events of any size
- Close contacts will no longer have to quarantine – provided they wear a mask indoors and avoid sensitive settings. They will also need to undertake at least five negative rapid tests over the seven days that would previously have been the self-quarantine period
- Events with more than 30,000 people will no longer require public health preapproval
- International travellers who are symptom-free will be recommended but not required to get a PCR or rapid test on arrival, and unvaccinated travellers will no longer complete 7 days’ quarantine
- People are exempt from testing or quarantine for 12 weeks if they’ve had COVID19 – up from 8 weeks
- Individuals will be required to notify their workplace contacts, in addition to informing their social contacts. Workplaces won’t have to individually identify and notify each potentially exposed worker
Please note that this is subject to change, as per the Victorian Government vaccination requirement.
What are the current restrictions?
- All events held at MCEC must adhere to the requirements of MCEC’s venue-specific approved VenueSafe plan. Please note we are currently updating the VenueSafe plan to reflect these changes.
- For full information, visit the Victorian Government coronavirus website
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on +61 2 9280 3400 or at email@example.com.